[3830] IARU N2QT SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N2QT SO SSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:54:51 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:33
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0       0      0        0
   80:   0      36      4       13
   40:   0     157     18       40
   20:   0     191     24       37
   15:   0      97     14       16
   10:   0      19      5        0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     500     65      106  Total Score = 227,088

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed to be off compared to the last two years.  This was my
first try at SO2R for SSB, which may be one reason I didn't get the full 24
hours in (SO2R is a lot more tiring), although the noise levels and the what
seemed like lower participation also contributed.  Never heard anyone on 160
and 10 was also flat.

I really need to figure out where the residual undemodulated SSB is generated
in the ft1000 as that makes it harder to decipher calls on the other radio
while the ft1000 is transmitting.  A good so2r setup really challenges the rf
and audio integrity of the entire station.   The k3 audio also seems to have
more white noise than the yaseu and I'll need to work on that.   It takes about
12 hours of operating to really show how well things are set up and working.

Equipment
K3 (first contest for it!),  FT1000 MKV
Antennas : KT34 at 55 ft,  3 El Steppir 50 ft
           40M rotary dipole 56 ft,  80M dipole 50 ft