[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:26:50 -0700

Antenna: 80M 1/2 wave dipole @ 40 ft
Software: Win-Test V4.0.1

Op time:
20: 13 minutes
40: 11 minutes
80:  6 minutes
--------------
Total: 30 minutes

Wow! Last week I broke 50 Q's and this week I broke 60!!! Maybe next week I'll
go for 65!

Conditions were amazing on 20, but poor on 40 and 80. My top rate on 20 was
180/hr for 10 minutes. Then it dropped when I went to 40, and it dropped again
when I went to 80.... I figured I was going to easily make 60 Q's when my rate
was so good on 20, but I ended up barely making it.

I heard a ton of mults on 20. I worked most of the stuff out west, up on the
east coast, and even a few close in stations too. Conditions were great with
lots of short and long skip!

I went to 40 and it was really quiet - to quiet. I made a few Q's but just
wasn't hearing anyone. Then I looked at the radio and saw I had the attenuator
on 18db!!! (It was from my QSO with a 60 over 9 K9MUG the other day). That cost
me some precious time and a few weak mults.

This week my productive time was a lot better. There weren't many times where I
had only 1 Q per minute. I had a lot of 3 Q minutes and even one 4 Q minute! The
rate was good! Sorry to those who called me twice in a pileup. To maximize my
mults on 20 / 40 I picked out EVERYONE who called me in the pile. This worked
pretty well on 20 and moderately well on 40. I only had 2 pileups on 80 so I
didn't really put it into play there.

For some reason I missed W1NN and the elusive OH mult on 80.

No audio recording this week unfortunately. I missed SNS and was scrambling
before NSL to try to get my recording program working - no luck. Maybe next
week I'll have another huge score and get it captured in an mp3! This week is
my first time breaking 2,000!

Anyways, I managed to get my dipole fixed today - AGAIN! It keeps bending my
mast in half. This time I sneaked a guy wire in so it should hold tight. Now I
just have to wait and see if my parents find it.

I worked NO3M either 2 or 3 times tonight. That was nice. I haven't worked him
since like wk 6! WOW! It's definitely been a while, Ty! Also nice to catch up
with N9RV again and welcome to "Duck", K8DD.

CU all next week. Maybe conditions will be better then....

73,
Cal, K0DXC
http://k0dxc.com

(BTW, I've made a few changes to K0DXC.com. Keep checking in the next few days
because I'm going to update a few of the pages and add new photos / details to
the "K0DXC Station" tab.)