[3830] IOTA C4Z(5B4AIZ) SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA C4Z(5B4AIZ) SO12CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 04:07:33 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: Mazotos
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    9        5      0        0
   40:   66       22      0        0
   20:  535       54      0        0
   15:  135       12      0        0
   10:   74       16      0        0
Total:  819      111      0        0  Total Score = 488,880

Club:

Comments:

It's always a dilemma choosing which hours to operate when entering the 12 hour
section. In my case it is helped by having poor lf antennas so I need to
concentrate on best times for hf. Started at 1545pm, nothing on 10 or 15 as
anticipated but 20 mtrs starting to awake from it's daytime slumber and the
band buzzed for me for the next 6 hours. Spent a couple of hours on 40/80
trying to scratch out a few mlts before heading off to bed after an 8 hour
stint.

Up at 0330z (0630 local) to see what dx there maybe from the west. Not a lot
for me so back to bed for a another hour or so. Up again at 0500z, nil on 10/15
and 20 m very quiet so put back the starting time  45 minutes when the band
started to liven up. spent an hour or so s&p'ing for mlts, slow progress, very
much a 'stand in line job' for lp stn's. at last 15 opened followed after about
30 minutes so did 10 so I was able to keep the momentum going until the end of
my 12 hours at 0920z.

Very enjoyable contest with lots to work and many available mlts although my
mlt score not nearly so many as I would have liked.

My vote for the worst fist goes to AN1C, he is gonna produce a pile of busts,
including one for me as my 2 qso's about an hour apart differed by around 1000
in recieved numbers and I could get no sense from him, so I shall lose a mlt
too! Other than that all ops were great.

Well done to all the guys who travelled to those portable sites for this one.

Eqp't - TS570 - 100W. 3 ELE TRIBAND YAGI UP 15mtrs, 40mtr dipole, half sloper
for 80m.  Logging by SD.

73  Brian  5B4AIZ.