[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:51:00 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 31

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   2      2
   40:  17     11
   20:  37     19
-------------------
Total:  56     32  Total Score = 1,792

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Tough sledding in the 90+ degree Seattle heatwave tonite. we are NOT used to
this.
record high of 103 yesterday.. ALL TIME HIGH for Seattle since people started
measuring temps. !!!  Sent all CW by hand, and apologize for the many QLF sent
reports. If you got a ---...  or a --....  or a ....-- for a number, im sorry.
just couldnt send properly in this sauna we are going thru.  paper log is a
mess
of dripped spots and indecipherable scratching. Computer logging and
sending...boy, could have used it tonite. OK nuff complaining... wait'll next
week!

20 was packed and not the normal west coast advantage. must have been lots of
short skip happening, since couldnt seem to get it going.  40 was quite weak as
usual, but somehow produced in the 10 minutes spent there, as it seemed to
improve by the minute. 80 its normal non-existent band, with local Q w/
neighbor K7RI of WA, and ESP level N6RO QSO in the last minute. Heard K6UFO
well on 80 but couldnt land him.

This winter we will be thinking fondly of these very hot days, as the rain and
grey takes over.  73 from VERY sunny Seattle.

K7SS
Dan Wa

ps: Super congrats to the Kid for a stupendous showing! Congrats to other great
scores this week as well !