[3830] NAQP CW N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 23:20:52 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   33    16
   80:  119    38
   40:  160    42
   20:  373    49
   15:  155    34
   10:   19     8
-------------------
Total:  859   187  Total Score = 160,633

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC-Jalapenos

Comments:

Only my second full time effort in this contest - lack of experience probably
showed in poor time off and band change management. Had thunderstorms in the
area all afternoon and evening and kept saving some time off in case they got
too close. Lightening was visible and even heard thunder a few times but never
had to shut down because of it. Spent too much time on 20 though trying to
avoid the static when should have toughed it out on 40. Finished well short of
my 900 Q and 200 mult goal but still had fun and maybe I learned something.
Most surprising QSO was VE1RSM/VY1 who called me on 20 - wisper weak plus I
really couldn't believe my ears. Thanks for your patience OM!