[3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@tx.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W8FN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:30:58 -0700

-------------------
Total:  577   153  Total Score = 88,218

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Team: Parker County Posse

Comments:

Radios:    FT-1000D, IC-746
Antennas:  3-el SteppIR @ 30', 40m Inv Vee @ 48', 110' wire Inv L in tree
Software:  N1MM
Hardware:  microHAM microKEYER II, Station Master, WX0B Six Pak, etc.

Having crappy antennas sux. Having crappy antennas at sunspot minimum REALLY
sux! I could hardly get anyone to hear me on 80 in S&P, let alone keep a run
going. I survived the nearby thunderstorm OK, but the QRN sure brought the rate
down for awhile. I didn't get the new K3 screwed into the station in time for
this one, but it's coming. Thanks to everyone who heard my puny signal on the
low bands. Hope to see you in SS and maybe the January running of NAQP.

73...
Randy, W8FN