[3830] NAQP CW W6YX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, risto@kotalampi.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6YX M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 22:25:56 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): ND2T N7MH K6TT K6UFO W6RK
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   45    13
   80:  152    32
   40:  353    53
   20:  454    57
   15:  184    36
   10:   75    19
-------------------
Total: 1263   210  Total Score = 265,230

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

We had more operators available this time vs. NAQP two weeks ago so we got
almost full time staffing (=4 operators) for the whole contest.

We're pretty happy on our results on 10m and 15m (read: as good as it gets with
the propagation). Fair results on 20m and 40m. But 80m and 160m are always very
painful to us over here in the left coast for August NAQP.

When we come down to 80m at our sunset, we don't have too many hours left in
the contest and a lot of single ops have already went QRT further in the east.
It even took long time before we got the first 1-call area to the log on 80m
and we ended up missing states like NY, CT, LA, MS, NC, SC and VA on 80m.

We missed WY, ND, VT, SK, NU and NWT on all bands. WY was heard doing S&P'ing
but we were skipped over even if we started calling CQ 500 Hz away from
finished QSO.

But no matter what, CW fun was maximized. See you NAQP SSB in two weeks!

10m: 6-el yagi at 70 ft + C31XR
15m: 6-el yagi at 70 ft + C31XR
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft & 5-el at 36 ft + C31XR
40m: 4 el yagi at 60 ft & inverted V-dipole
80m: inverted vee at 50 ft
160m: double-L at 30-50ft
2 x listening beverage, E-W & NE-SW (fixed minutes before sunset).

Yaesu FT-1000MP & 1000MkV, 100 watts
Yeasu FT-1000MkV as spotting radio, Pro67 antenna
Writelog
Skimmer experiment with Icom 756 Pro3

73!

W6RK