[3830] WAE CW FJ/VE3EY Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ey@rogers.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW FJ/VE3EY Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:38:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: FJ/VE3EY
Operator(s): VE3EY
Station: FJ/VE3EY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Saint Barthelemy
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  155    0     29
   40:  429   30     38
   20:  284    0     32
   15:   40    0     11
   10:  147    0     20
-------------------------
Total: 1055   30    356  Total Score = 305,448

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The log contains a fair chunk of non EU contacts since I was working everyone
and not going for the score.  Sorry for not being able to fulfill request for
band changes and for handling only a limited number of QTCs.

This was actually a mind boggling experience for me having been in the
Caribbean for the first time myself.   The noise was non-existent (except some
atmospheric noise on 80) and I could hear quite well.  The antenna was situated
about 60 feet from the shoreline and it worked great.

Big thanks to Lali, VE3NE for loaning me his Chushcraft vertical which I have
used for 80 meters and all the time he had spent testing the same with me.

I have also used the same antenna base for 40-10 meters by installing
pre-marked aluminum sections and extending / collapsing them as needed for each
band.

Also thank-you goes to VE3FF, VE3EK, VE3TA and VE3UTT for all their invaluable
help preparing for the trip.

Equipment used:  Elecraft K3,  TL-922 amp and a home made 1/4 Lambda ground
plane vertical.