[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:20:38 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 21

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   4      3
   40:  19     17
   20:  31     23
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  54     43  Total Score = 2,322

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

20 was great !  when you can work OR MT & CA, as well as W1s to W4s... you know
the band is super!  Include the VERY LOUD W9 W8 TN MN SD area and its quite the
playfield!  Had a great rate, and then at precisely 0245 someone hit the big
switch and it was over (cept for the lingering CQs of the SO2R boys who really
were on 40, but hoping for a stray on 20..).

Reluctantly switched to 40, reluctance based on 4 months of sun in the sky and
40 not really open yet, but tonite it seems we may have turned that corner.
Able to work most of what I called (w/ my sloper at 38') including good sigs
from the east coast !

 Again at 0250 the well went dry, and had to try some 80. Weak weak W6 was all
I could hear on 80, so back to 40 and hoping some of the SO2R boys would be
workable still, which thankfully, they were. Just picked off mults as they
CQed.  Went back to 80 w/ 4 min to go, and spent a full minute trying to get
WD0T to hear me, which he couldnt...so went for the few W6s that were above the
noise, ZFO and VVA, and a quick local NN7SS Q for rare WA mult, and a completely
surprising N9CK answer when I called him with 15 seconds to go!  VERY lucky QSO
!  Good ears Steve !

  Just FYI: 20m I CQed about half the time, with about 50% response to the CQ.
40m I CQed about 10% of the time with nary an answer, and 80m no CQing.. except
very briefly trying to snag WHY for OR mult...which I did not hear.

  Good fun !  as always.  DONT abandon the idea of DUPES. Its still more fun
than NO DUPES (IMHO). Perhaps alternating Ladders is the solution. After all,
TRADITION is important (as is innovation).

73
de DanWa
K7SS

(PS: had fun in the SNS w/ a straight key) dit didi dit dit........   dit dit