[3830] OhQP K8O(K2KW) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenny.k2kw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8O(K2KW) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:35:02 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8O
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: N0FW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BUTL, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:  173     93
   40:  169    113
   20:   95    163
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  437    369  CW Mults = 103  Ph Mults = 95  Total Score = 236,016

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, that was fun.  Thanks to my host N0FW for letting me operate.  I was
supposed to go up to K8AZ's, but my XYL didnt want me too far from the house.
Next time Tom!

Broke the low power record by a wide margin, but there were some other big
scores out there that might be LP and do even better.

K8MR was everywhere, and very fast with QSYing.  Many thanks to all the mobiles
(and other stations) for QSYing.

Mad dash before the contest to set up SO2R and get it working.  As many people
noted, I still had hum on SSB, but it didn't seem to hurt the rate that much.
WHen raising the crankup with the 20m yagi, the rotor cable sheered and my host
N0FW repaired it about 5 minutes before the contest started.

80m 4-square, 40m dipole @ 35' (worked like gangbusters), 5 ele 20m Yagi at
55'.  FT-2000, FT-1000

73, Kenny K2KW
QSL K8O via my home call