[3830] YO HF N3ZL(@WD4EOG) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] YO HF N3ZL(@WD4EOG) SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:19:35 -0700
                    YO DX HF Contest

Call: N3ZL
Operator(s): N3ZL
Station: WD4EOG

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:   17     0       3
   40:   82     0      35
   20:   89     0      39
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
---------------------------
Total:  188     0      77  Total Score = 55,055

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

100W + 20m: 5 element tribander + 40m: 3 element yagi + 80m: dipole

The era of aluminum has arrived! Friday evening I got the coax to the yagis
here reconnected and gave them a test drive, snagging all the DX I could hear
on 20m and 40m such as 7Z, 4X, 4L, and more LOUD on the first call with 100W.
DF2PY said my S9+ signal was the loudest from the east coast on 40m Friday
evening. Both antennas are currently stuck pointed approximately north, but I
hope to have the rotor functional within week. I'm ready to wreak havoc on the
bands now!

I could work everyone I heard and when I tried running I was getting callers
but they were mostly very weak in the QRN and the FT847 here doesn't have
anything to help me out with that problem, so sorry if I couldn't quite pull
you out. For the first time in a contest like this I actually worked more YO
stations than W/VE!

I'm majorly pumped up for the upcoming contest season now, hope the bands get a
little better though!

73 de Greg N3ZL