[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA/M LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:41:19 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - October 2

Call: K6VVA/M
Operator(s): K6VVA/M
Station: K6VVA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SUV In Driveway
Operating Time (hrs): 5 mins

  160:
   80:
   40:   3     3
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   3     3  Total Score = 9

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Scrambling to get ready for a part-time Fixed Mobile in CQP & mini-vacation
combo (leaving tomorrow), with nothing but Murphy strikes equipment wise.

Wearing a headband lamp, I finally got on 40m (actual /M with the Tahoe
running) in the dark/driveway about 0245.  Tnx to N4AF, K4BAI & NO3M for my 3
Q's.  Things went bottom's SWR-wise up when I tried 80m so bailed early.  Yes,
I retuned the antenna but something was messed up.

K9YC had mentioned in an email he once had some /M RF related issues that
knocked his vehicle's Confuzer whacko and to watch out for anything similar.
Gheeezzzz... at 75 watts my Tahoe dashboard started blinking and I heard what
sounded like relays clicking awy.  Backed the power down to 60 watts and all
was fine.  What is bizarre is that just yesterday, I had a local auto-stereo
place re-do the antenna ground which was pretty sketchy before.  At least
operating Fixed Mobile this weekend via A/C power and the vehicle turned off, I
should be OK.

Tnx for the 3 Q's ... and all time low NS score for me :^)

73 & CU in the CQP from the MONT mult...probably in the fog down there,

Rick/K6VVA * The Locust