[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 04:44:25 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - October 3

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0     0
   80:   8
   40:   4
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
-------------------
Total:  12     6  Total Score = 216

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, dipole, inverted vee.  20M was dead here.  40 and 80
CW were quite nice to CA.  Very low noise level.  N6DE was calling CQ on 40,
but not hearing most of the stations calling him.  He came right back on 80.
Didn't listen on SSB frequencies tonight after not hearing anyone there last
night.  Only station heard, but not worked, was NE6LE on 80M.  I heard him work
N6TV, but never heard him calling CQ.  Have some RFI birdies around 3540 that
can cover the weaker signals.  Looking forward to the real CQP later today.
Hope everyone has a nice and safe weekend.

The purpose of this practice was certainly realized here last night.  It
reminded me that a number of the county abbreviations in my calcty.mlt file
were out of date.  I have now edited that file to update to the new official
abbreviations.  Last year, I edited all those exchanges in the Cabrillo file
after the contest, but forgot to go back to the .mlt file to prepare for this
year.  Thanks to NCCC for sponsoring such a valuable practice!

73, John, K4BAI.