[3830] CaQP KA3DRR SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP KA3DRR SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:59:43 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     0
   40:   70     0
   20:   48     0
   15:    5     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  132     0  Mults = 35  Total Score = 13,860

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Amazing. Riveting. And I enjoyed a weekend worth of ham radio fun. I thought,
for a brief moment, that Cycle 24 would sponsor a few sunspots but an
A-/K-index ranging from 1 and zero is acceptable. I really enjoyed operating
20m grayline into the evening before moving to 40m with a decent path to the
east coast. However I did not time my operation on 15m to take advantage of any
opening. I logged 19 California counties between 80 and 40m this weekend.

Logging a portable /1 in Maine and a VE1 in Maritime was an accomplishment
given my geography with its steep ridge line to the northeast. I logged 31
states across three bands in addition to 4 Canadian provinces. My best hour was
0100UTC with 31Qs in the log as the 10-minute rate meter pushed 65 Qs - first
for the station.

An excellent weekend and a hardy "Thank You" goes out to the Northern
California Contest Club for their hard work.

73
Scot, KA3DRR