[3830] CaQP ND0C SOFixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP ND0C SOFixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:16:39 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    0      0
   80:   29     15
   40:   49     35
   20:  100    143
   15:    1      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

It's been several years since I've put a serious effort in to CQP and I was
really looking forward to it.  I missed the first three hours of the contest
due to an unavoidable commitment, then jumped into the fray with my dominating
5 watts of power.  Things really went pretty well overall - just wish I could
have had more than one QSO on 15!  I think it was just too long - I could hear
KH6's working CA stations that I couldn't hear.  Maybe I should have check the
band more often Sunday morning.  No surprise - 20m was the workhorse band,
accounting for over half of my QSOs, but 40 and 80 weren't too bad considering
I'm QRP with mediocre antennas - not too noisy for early fall.  Propagation is
usually pretty good between here (SW Minnesota) on 20 and it was reall hot on
Saturday afternoon - I had a very good first hour with everybody coming back to
me on the first call - nice for QRP!  I eventually found Napa County for the
sweep Sunday morning.
I think if 15 had produced a decent opening I might have had a chance to go for
the QRP record, but that's the way it goes.

Transciever: Yaesu FT-897 at 5 watts output
Antennas: Wilson SY-3 three element triband Yagi at 48 feet and dipole at 44
feet.