[3830] CaQP K6YT(W0YK) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6YT(W0YK) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 15:27:43 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6YT
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    52    0
   80:   271    0
   40:   412    0
   20:   734    0
   15:   284    0
   10:     5    0
    6:     0    0
    2:     0    0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great CW activity this year.  QSOs were boosted by 125 EU contacts mostly on 20
(the four on 15 were surprisingly loud, though).  Mid-day Sunday, an F6 came
through at S9+20 on 15, so I moved that radio to 10 meters and CQ'd for ten
minutes ... no luck, but maybe few people were checking the band.  Only got
five locals on ground wave all weekend, despite going to 10 for the first ten
minutes of every clock hour during the mid-day Saturday and Sunday.
Contrasting the EU contacts, I only had six JAs and 19 Oceania Qs.  1530 US and
125 VEs.

Finally broke 300K on CW, but not with enough margin to survive log check.
Something to look forward to next year.  Thanks to N6TV for "motivating" me all
weekend.  It will come down to the cleanest log between us.  There were some
dead periods where one is reminded about phone to keep the interest up.  Thanks
to all for the Qs, especially the casual ops with single-digit serial numbers.

Ed - W0YK