[3830] CaQP K6III M/SFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry.bliss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6III M/SFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 22:36:21 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6III
Operator(s): K6III
Station: K6III

Class: M/SFixed LP
QTH: NEVA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:15

  160:   28     21
   80:   58     53
   40:   54     30
   20:  127    123
   15:   30     29
   10:    1      1
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Made lots of spots per my usual operating style. Mostly Hunt-N-Pounce but did a
few minutes of running on SSB.  Running is just not my style or interest.
Last Mult was NT (VE8EV) in the last 20m of the activity.
I usually try for the sweep but missed several mults; RI, KY, ID, IA, ND.

Some PC-to-Rig interface issues.  Lost ability to read/set Frequency so that
makes sending spots difficult.  Later, after reboot and futzing around with the
WriteLog menus and set up, I got it back.

Keyer (Winkeyer USB) sometimes failed... could not adjust speed with the front
panel knob and things slowed down to about 15WPM.  Later that mysteriously
fixed itself (maybe it was the PC reboot that did it).

Maybe its time to swap in the K2 rig and interface it to the ICOM little amp.
Could be a Winter-time project.

My son has been bugging me to get a modern PC or laptop.  Have one coming for
the XYL this month so will have a chance to evaluate it for radio use (Vista
OS) if she will let me touch it!  (she has been suffering with a pretty old
Window 2000 ME OS for a long time.)

Sunday morning is church time.  I get on for about 30-minutes before going out
the door.  Return for a few operating hours in the afternoon.