[3830] CaQP K6QK M/SCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7cw@cableone.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6QK M/SCntyExp HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:32:25 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6QK
Operator(s): N7CW, K6ZH, N6EEG
Station: K6QK

Class: M/SCntyExp HP
QTH: Imperial County
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:  112    112
   40:  286    216
   20:  424    367
   15:   63     29
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Weather-wise, this was our worst year ever.  The wind is always an issue, but a
front went through Saturday afternoon, causing constant 45 MPH winds, with 65
MPH gusts.  Our little tower trailer was not built to withstand that, so we
cranked the tower down.  Very early Sunday morning, the reflector on the 2 el
40M yagi turned and began hitting various elements on the tribander, causing
receive noise and the amp to kick off if we happened to be transmitting.  We
finally gave up at about 20Z.  We apologize to those we just couldn't pull
through the QRM/QRN/Wind noise.  Thanks to all the great ops and NCCC for
making this a wonderful contest!

73, Bud  N7CW/K6QK