[3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:04:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:    9      0
   40:   57     27
   20:   92    309
   15:   64     96
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I did pretty well considering 2 hours late starting and 4 hours off Sunday
afternoon to go to the pumpkin patch; the score is close to best LP effort.
15M, what a differernce a day makes! No opening (1 QSO) Saturday, but wide open
Sunday from 1515Z until the end! I made 110 15M Q's between 1518 and 1656Z when
I took the long grueling trip with the family. I'd guess nearly 100 more 15M
Q's could have been made Sunday afternoon. Best rates were all on Sunday with
60 Q's in 15Z hour, 63 - 16Z, and 61 - 21Z. 20 was a struggle until about 2030Z
Saturday, but stayed open well until past 01Z, which is over 2 hours past our
sunset. The sweep was pretty easy with the last counties being AD6E in Glen at
2142, N6RNO in Tehama at 2157 and just as I was calling it a night, KE6ZSN was
found in Napa on 40 SSB at 0258Z.

Thaanks to NCCC and especially W6OAT for getting out the rare counties. When
10M reopens a 900 Q to 1K Q total should be possible with LP.

73, Jeff