[3830] CaQP NM6G(W6CZ) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, don@hfradio.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NM6G(W6CZ) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 18:45:18 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: NM6G
Operator(s): W6CZ
Station: NM6G

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: MARP
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0       0
   80:    3     103
   40:    0     250
   20:    0     640
   15:  152       0
   10:    0       0
    6:    0       0
    2:    0       0
--------------------
Total:    3    1145  Mults = 58  Total Score = 133,342

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had a great time. I had other commitments so I knew I would not be able to make
a full 24 hours, so I made a really effort to have fun and to try to make it
fun for my contacts - a real QSO "Party".

Had a QSO with a 87 year old ham licensed in 1939 that flew B-24s

Had a QSO with a 11 year old ham that was licensed when he was 10 (I told him
how I was licensed when I was 9 - in 1962). He said that he was "Really
enjoying ham radio and having a lot of fun in the contest".

Had a QSO with the holder of my former call (W6ZO).

Several times added to "Mariposa County" that it was "the home of Yosemite
National Park - one of America's best ideas". Two of the European DX contacts
responded that they had been to Yosemite and Mariposa recently.

For a few contacts where I felt it was appropriate, I also explained that
Mariposa has the oldest Superior Courthouse in use west of the Mississippi
River and that it is known as the Mother County. Originally it spanned from the
Nevada border to Monterey and San Luis Obispo Counties on the wast and down to
San Diego county on the south. Thirteen counties were carved out of Mariposa
(comprising all or part of Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera,
Merced, Mono, San Benito, San Bernardino and Tulare Counties).

I also discovered that there is a bug in WL with timed CQ in SO2R that
un-checks Echo Microphone causing no TX audio when you try to answer a call.