[3830] CaQP NE6LE M/MCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP NE6LE M/MCntyExp HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:20:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: NE6LE
Operator(s): K2DI K4XU KS6U W6RA WA6WMO K7YLO W7YOW N7ZTH KE7UCE
Station: NE6LE

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: Modoc
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    25    19
   80:   154   134
   40:   412   133
   20:   376   341
   15:    41   100
   10:     0     0
    6:           1
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1008   728  Mults = 58  Total Score = 256,360

Club: Central Oregon DX Club

Comments:

We go to a mountain fire lookout in the Modoc National Forest, 4500' ASL. Friday
was nice, almost shirt sleeve weather. Saturday was blustery. Sunday we awoke to
3-4" of snow which ran off and on until the contest stopped. The sun came out
and we packed in cold 40° sunshine.
The average age of this group is ten years higher than the first time we went.
Perhaps it's time to look for another location. There are four microwave
installations on the mountaintop and they are serious RFI emitters. We might do
better with a higher SNR even if the takeoff angles were worse.
Band conditions were fairly good judging by the amount of DX worked and the
number of QSOs on 15m.
Our thanks to all who came by for a contact. We sincerely hope we provided you
with the 58th multiplier.
73,
Dick k4xu
for the Central Oregon DX Club.