[3830] CaQP W0BH SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W0BH SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:10:10 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:   11      3
   80:   45     68
   40:   66    101
   20:   82    614
   15:   16      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

One of my favorite parts of the CQP is the race to the Sweep. This year at
2020z, W6OAT/m rolled into Sutter and found me on 20m for #57. I knew Trinity
was out there, but for the next four hours I was still looking. WB6FZH called
in to end my pain at 0024z. A few minutes later, I finally found N6YEU in
Trinity for the first of five contacts. I still can't see how I missed them for
so long since they were so active, but that's the CQP!

Thanks to mobiles K6AQL/m for 5, K6VVA/m for 2 and W6OAT/m for 2. I worked many
other casual mobiles and three maritime mobiles who all made me wish I could
change places. I also wish I could have changed places with stations on the
east coast to enjoy some 15m propagation. Lots of ops found me on 20 and told
me I needed to go to 15, but I only heard a few of the strongest stations on
15 and it was usually a struggle to make the Q. 40 was also surprisingly tough
even though signals seemed to be loud.

Overall, I worked 669 unique calls with special thanks to AE6Y, K6NA, K6XX,
W6YI and W6YX FOR 7 Qs. My log shows Kings and Napa to be the "rarest" for me
in Q count (2) with Lassen, Mariposa and Yolo a close second (3).  As expected,
San Diego (120) and Los Angeles (105) came through with the most Qs with Santa
Clara (75) not far behind.

Since I didn't have 15m, my goal became 1000 Qs for a personal best in the CQP
and I finally got there.  Congratulations to Dennis, W1UE, for an outstanding
job.  Thanks to the NCCC for another excellent event, and thanks to everyone
for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh