[3830] TxQP W5ESE Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP W5ESE Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:11:42 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5ESE
Operator(s): W5ESE
Station: W5ESE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CULB
Operating Time (hrs): ??

  160:
   80:   18
   40:   99
   20:   27
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  144     0       0  Mults = 89  Total Score = 38,448

Club: Austin QRP Club

Comments:

Sure had a lot of fun in this years' TxQP!

Like last year, I backpacked to my station site at Pine Top camp site
in Guadalupe Mountains National Park, in Culberson county.

Used the same rig as I did last year; an AT Sprint 3 kit rig that was
designed by KD1JV. I tried a different antenna this year; a 44' inverted
L fed against 10-16.5' radials. Saturday evening, I attached an extension
to lengthen the wire to 66' to improve the radiation efficiency on 80
meters. (Last year, I used a 66' CF Zepp, lengthened at night to 135').

The performance seemed comparable, and it was easier to erect, despite
all the radials.

Experienced better NVIS propagation on 40 meters than last year, although
that was offset by much worse atmospheric noise on 80 meters. Must have
been an electrical storm somewhere in the region!

Thanks to everyone for the contacts, and hope to hear you again next
year.

73
Scott
W5ESE