[3830] EU Sprint CW 4U1ITU(KE3X) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint CW 4U1ITU(KE3X) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:13:11 -0700
                    EU Autumn Sprint, CW

Call: 4U1ITU
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: 4U1ITU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ITU Headquarters
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   39      0.5
   40:   65      2.5
   20:   36      1.0
---------------------
Total:  140   Total Score = 140

Club: International Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Icom IC-756Pro, 100W
N1MM Logger
20M - SteppIR
40M - 402CD
80M - Cushcraft Vertical

Hourly Rates: 43, 38, 32 and 27

Wow - that was some great 'Low Power' fun, even more than SSB Sprint last
weekend! Nice to work N4AF and N2NC on 20 in the first hour, and especially
nice to see so many of my HST friends come out for this contest (DJ1YFK, HA3OV,
LZ4UU, etc.)

Highlights included keeping pace with CT1ILT for the first 1 1/2 hours, and
with DJ1YFK going into the 3rd hour!

Congrats to both you guys on your big scores and keeping the rate up in the
last hour. I hit a 'brick wall' on 80-meters as usual with no amplifier. But at
least in the last 30 minutes I discovered the opening to the U.S. on 20 (PA QSO

Party) - those guys were sure surprised to hear the '4U' prefix :-)

This was my last major contest from 4U1ITU this year. We'll move back home to
Washington, DC in January 2010 and most weekends between now and then will be
filled with vacation plans (Greece next week, then Budapest, then Porto). But
4U1ITU will be active in CQWW CW as Multi/Single I think, with Nik F5VIH and
the gang.

My thanks to Attila OM1AM for letting me use the station over the last 2
years!

73, Ken KE3X