[3830] Oceania CW VK6DXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW VK6DXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 04:41:29 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nr Perth
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    8     8
   80:  303   194
   40:  377   240
   20:  147    93
   15:  471   260
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 1308   797  Total Score = 4,916,693

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all
and thanks for the participation and support of Oceania DX Contest 2009
Oceania's best.

Big congratulations to the big and small scorers. There are no bad scores.
The only ones who lost are those who did not have the chance to participate.

Great conditions on lower bands allowed higher scores this year.

I have broken my personal best this year and I am very satisfied, especially
that there is no improvement in my simple antenna set up.
Lack of time and funds keep me away from doing something about it.
My station is definitely not a "big gun' station, just few dipoles (160,80,40),
vertical on 40, vertical dipole on 20 and A3S tribander at 8m up.
It is a great location, as I am at 400m asl with a good opening SP EU and LP
USA, and... extremely quiet.

Conditions on 80m were so great that I did not have the heart to stop the pile
up there and move to other bands.
I just got an e-mail from OK1FKD thanking me for a great 80m QSO. He broke the
Eu pile up using K2 and 5 W out into a sloper antenna!

Thanks again and hopefully see you in the next year edition of Oceania DX
Contest

73 de Mirek VK6DXI