[3830] AzQP KS7S/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ks7s@cox.net
Subject: [3830] AzQP KS7S/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:45:29 -0700
                    Arizona QSO Party

Call: KS7S/M
Operator(s): KS7S
Station: KS7S

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: AZ - 9 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:   45     4
   20:  417     2
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  462     6       0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 57,660

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Counties activated: 9 (CHS, SCZ, PMA, GHM, GLE, GLA, PNL, NVO, APH)

US/VE Mults: 45

DX Mults: 17 (HA, SP, DL, OK, XE, KP4, PA, G, ON, UA, SM, LY, OM, I, YO, HK,
HB9)

Other AZ Counties Wkd: 5 (SCZ, MHV, CNO, MCP, YVP)

It was a long (800 miles), but fun weekend doing â??the mobile thingâ?? in the
1st AZ QSO Party.  I had originally planned on activating eight counties, but
discovered I wasnâ??t too far from PNL at my overnight stay in GLA, so started
Sunday morning from there before continuing on my original plan.  Of course,
that put me a couple of hours behind my original schedule and I ended the
contest in GHM on my way home. For me, the fun part was seeing what domestic
and DX stations followed me from county to county â?? sure were some nice
signals out of EU.  I had planned on some stationary 80M operation from my
stopover point but was just too worn out at that point and even 40M didnâ??t
sound all that active after 0200Z or so.  I know I missed a lot of contacts by
being primarily CW â?? maybe next year I will try some more SSB too.

Thanks to all for the QSOs, especially the "followers" - Frank, WA2VYA, was the
champion working me in all 9 counties!  Many others caught me in 5 to 7
counties.  DX champs were HA8IB, DL3DXX, SP5SA, and OK2EC.

Thanks to Gary, KE7DX and the Catalina Radio Club for sponsoring this fun
event!

Equipment: ICOM IC-7000 (100W) â?? High Sierra Sidekick w/5' whip and
TurboTuner â?? assorted HamSticks on Tri-Mag Mount â?? DXE Cap Hat and CB whip
on Sidekick base section for 80M stationary operation