[3830] CaQP W6UE(N6AN) SOSchool HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6UE(N6AN) SOSchool HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:46:23 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6UE
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: SOSchool HP
QTH: Lang
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:   134    26
   40:   305   240
   20:   406   519
   15:   177    99
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1022   884  Mults = 58  Total Score = 277,240

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was a joy to get a sweep after several dry years. VE8 called in during the
first hour (thank you!) and in short order I was missing only ID and NV. My
first hour was good at more than 140 Qs but things slowed down pretty quickly.
Conditions were strangely in and out and I also found some DX stations to have
towering signals while many stateside were beyond my grasp in the noise.
As much as I pushed myself to be where the rate was good, after 12 hours I was
struggling to maintain 100Q/hour. So it was a shock on the low bands to
discover how far behind the leaders I was. C'est la vie.
40 SSB was pretty good though I was working mightily to pull stations out of
the crud. At 03Z, almost to the minute, the band was suddenly quiet, as though
the murky water of the band had dropped all its silt and I could see all the
way to the band floor.
My experience on Sunday morning with 15 meters was not as good as some
commented. Many, many CQs went unanswered and I needed to keep QSYing. Yet I
also worked a few EU stations on 15. Curious.
Congratulations to N6MJ for his fine piloting of W6YI, and to the other big
300k plus scores. It's a pleasure to put you gents in the log.

73, David N6AN