[3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:16:23 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SW New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 1:09

Total:  QSOs = 28  Total Score = 201

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Had a little time between innings in MLB League Playoffs.  TIVO recorder too
full to record the game...

Nice to hear some activity on 160 meters!  QRN relatively low at our off grid
QTH.  I worked nearly everyone I heard--I failed to work Steve, N2IC, who lives
only 10.3 miles crowflight away.  I heard him work K0HA before my setup was
ready, and by the time I got a signal out, I didn't hear Steve again.  Perhaps
I copied him with my dental fillings??

I was bold enough to try running for a few calls.  My apologies to those who
answered, though--obviously the transmitting antenna here (a vee @ 53 feet)
just isn't much of a receiving antenna, so I doubt if I'll be consuming
spectrum by trying running on 160 again.  Too bad our QTH terrain is concave
UPWARDS (no typo!) there's space for Beveridges here.

Best DX for me:  KH6MB (loud) and KH7Y (ditto).  It was nice to hear one-ways
between east coast ops and EU and SQ.

See you in December!

73,
Dan