[3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:23:12 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN81 - Bellevue, OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 200  Total Score = 1,215

Club:

Comments:

Let the 160 meter season begin!

Activity seemed a bit sparse this year.  I imagine a lot of potential activity
was siphoned off by JARTS RTTY, NYQP, IAQP, WAG, chasing K4M, college football,
baseball playoffs, etc.

As K1LT (Vic) mentioned in his posting, the band was completely silent here at
the beginning.  According to my past logs, decent activity should be expected
around 5 PM local time.  I tuned the band just prior to 2100Z and heard
absolutely nothing.  I even went as far as going to the WA7BNM and BARC web
sites to make sure I had the correct date for the event.  A quick CQ resulted
in a contact with K1LT, and then not another peep (or dit) heard for the next
several minutes.  Rather strange indeed...

QRN levels were quite high.  It was rather frustrating to hear the West coast
working Europeans that were buried in static crashes here.  As my dad once
explained to me, "Location, location, location..."

Thanks to BARC for the warm-up.

73 - Rick WB8JUI