[3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:28:57 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 21  Total Score = 138

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was not a serious effort, just a chance to check my 160m vertical.  I've
lost some top-loading wires and wanted to see if I could still match it ok.
Seems to have worked, as I had QSOs with MI and MS for my best "DX".  Also just
finished a new control cable for the relays at the base of the vertical.  It
still loads up ok on 160m and 80m, so guess I'm good to go.

Of greater concern is the gradually rising noise pollution in my neighborhood.
Each year it gets harder to hear weak signals.  One rotary loop couldn't even
find a null this year, so need to see if it is the loop or just noise coming
from everywhere.

Hope to have some improvement in the receive antennas by the real SP time.
Thanks for the Qs and see you then.

73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude