[3830] TBDC K0DXC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K0DXC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:50:42 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 90  Total Score = 192

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

RIG: IC-756PROIII
Antenna: Alpha Delta DX-B Sloper @ 35 feet
Software: Win-Test V 4.0.1

Interesting contest.... Grid square exchange keeps it unique.

Best DX was KL7RA. I also worked KV4FZ but that was it. My 160 antenna is still
a cloud warmer so I don't even dream of working EU! The grid map in Win-Test
looks like 90% of all my QSOs were within 700 km of my QTH!

I'm not going to judge the conditions because I was only on for a couple of
hours. I only swept the band a few times looking for stations, then I called
CQ. I had the speed set at 40 wpm and the first half hour kept a steady rate at
about 90 / hour. Considering this is a 160 contest and the Stew Perry warm-up I
don't think that's to bad!

This was the first time I've even touched a radio since before going back to
school in August... It's nice to get back on the air. There wasn't great
activity towards midnight so my grandpa (K9MMS) and I ragchewed for about 10
minutes in between one of my runs. It sure was GREAT to get into a CW contest
again! I've missed it! Thankfully the contest season is just around the
corner.

See you from WZ8P (hopefully) in SS CW and K3LR for CQWW CW! (No, I'm not going
to 6Y1V for WW CW)

73!

Cal, K0DXC
http://k0dxc.com