[3830] TBDC PA5KT(@PI4Z) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC PA5KT(@PI4Z) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:58:27 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: PA5KT
Operator(s): PA5KT
Station: PI4Z

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO11
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 81  Total Score = 528

Club:

Comments:

Test of the 160m station.
Switchable beverage worked only to one side: SouthEast. As most stations are at
NW (USA) this was not really useful.

Tried to change some things in the middle of the night, but that did not help.
Have to check if everything is ok when it is light.

So as the beverage was not working towards USA I had difficulties to hear
stations. Best DX was around my sunrise: N5UL in DM82.

Other stations worked with 15 or more points:
K0HA, K4PI, WD5R, K7RL, K0RF, KL7RA, K5KC.

Had the idea that during USA sunset conditions were better.
Heard a lot of stations in the noise, but I was not certain that I could here
them, so did not call.
Only carribean heard was KV4FZ, strong throughout the night, called him several
times, but did not work him.

Around sunrise K4M screwed up the band as they were working simplex. Half of EU
calling up while K4M was not listening up.

Hope to fix the beverage soon as I want my WAS worked this year.
Only need 5 LotW confirmations and it is done.

Will be on during the real TBDC event, possibly also during ARRL 160m.