[3830] TBDC K9MMS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K9MMS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:46:01 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL  EN51
Operating Time (hrs): 5.4

Total:  QSOs = 101  Total Score = 636

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I entered this contest being too sleep-deprived.  This added to the low
activity, made for a mostly boring (not OR) time.  Not sure how much of the 5.4
hours I might have been dozing at the key.  :)

I ran the K3 at 95 watts for the first 57 QSOs.  When I started to hear some DX
and woke up a bit, I turned on the amplifier (about 500 W) and used it for the
rest of the time.  TX antenna: inverted L.

Forty-five QSOs via CQ.  I spent the rest of the time S&P (way too much) tuning
for DX and hearing other stations mostly already worked.  I did not get
motivated enough to venture another CQ run.  Many U.S. signals seemed weak.
Heavy QSB on DX.

I managed to work 7 DX stations (KV4, UU4, EI2, HA5, KH6, OK7, AND F5.  The
longest DX being UU4JMG.

Still, any 160 meter contest is great to experience.

If I worked you, thanks for the QSO.  If I did not work you, hopefully next
time we will be in each other's logs.  :)

73,
    Gary