[3830] CQWW SSB VE3CR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dferris1@cogeco.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3CR M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:27:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CR
Operator(s): VE3CR, VA3DF
Station: VE3CR

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   85     8       15
   80:  348    16       57
   40:  349    23       83
   20:  467    28      115
   15:  394    27      105
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Well if you wanted a great contest, I guess you just got your wish! Started the
weekend hoping that recent antenna improvements would help out on 40 m. and
hoping that we might do better than last year - well we blew last year's score
away early on in the contest!

Called CQ till I lost my voice but always had VE3CR ready to step in and crank
up the mults! Can't say how surprised we were with 15 m.!!!!

Total different countries worked was 137 - not bad for a small operation using
just 1 radio and relatively simple antennas!!

Tried the assisted category for the 1st time - kind of neat but we lost the
internet connection on Sunday afternoon for about 4-5 hours and had to do
things the old fashioned way. All in all, I think we will revisit the assisted
category as it's fun.

Many hours worked by VE3CR and myself but it was all worth it for the result -
a new all time high! Of course we had the benefit of meals provided by Eric's
XYL Sheila and that is definitely an unfair advantage....

Gotta love it when a plan comes together - watch for us in CQWW CW!!

A great time was had by all!!

Thanks to everyone that made rare DX locations available - you guys are the
best!!

73,

Doug
VA3DF