[3830] CQWW SSB AE5PW SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AE5PW SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:32:07 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AE5PW
Operator(s): AE5PW
Station: AE5PW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     1        1
   80:   10     2        2
   40:   79    15       24
   20:   37     8       15
   15:   64    14       28
   10:    9     7        8
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I worked this contest casually, using mainly selective S&P.  The goal was
to get some new DXCCs in the log.  I was amazed at the amount of activity
on 15m and spent alot of time there tuning through the band.  It was very
nice to get 11 new DXCCs on 15m, and a total of three new ones in the log
(Senegal, Ceuta & Melilla, and Montserrat).  Finally got up to 100 DXCCs on
40m by picking up five in this contest.  Hopefully a few more new ones will
make it into the log in the CQWW CW contest that is coming up.  I witnessed
some great DX ops that really knew how to handle the pileups.  The conditions
on 15 were phenomenal. This is the first contest where I actually made more
QSOs on 15 than on 20! 40m was a mess and was really tough on my reciever with
so many stations piled into the lower part of the US voice band.  10m was
disappointing, but what can you expect with these solar conditions?
The flux of 76 for most of the contest surely helped on 15. Thanks to everyone
who dug me out of the pileups and the noise.

Running a Yaesu FT950, 100 watts, with a Butternut HF9V ground mounted
vertical
antenna.  No amp, no tower, no beam.