[3830] CQWW SSB W7VMI(@NN7SS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W7VMI(@NN7SS) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:42:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7VMI
Operator(s): K6UFO N0AX N7LKL W7NNN
Station: NN7SS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:    7     3        3
   80:   38     9       11
   40:  102    26       50
   20:  497    35      114
   15:  289    23       69
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

We had fun getting together for a Multi-single to
test the new antennas and set a new Vashon Island
record! We used the Vashon-Maury Island radio club
call, W7VMI. We pushed for 100 countries, so
we're pleased to have reached 128 total unique
countries. The new (and old) antennas worked well.
We didn't use the Mult station much, since usually
only one band was useful.

Our numbers were a bit low on the low bands,
perhaps due to the unsettled propgation. 40,20
and 15 meters took up the slack, with pleasing
numbers. We listened often on 10 meters, and never
heard a thing. We managed to move a local hero for
the one double-mult.

N0AX seemed happy with the updates to his ole' QTH,
and he managed QRM while K6UFO caught a nap to power
him through the overnight. N7LKL lured N0AX away from
the radio with cookies, and got to CQ for JA's on
Saturday evening. W7NNN came over Sunday morning,
and worked Europeans during the too brief morning
peak.

Good fun, Thanks for the contacts!

W7VMI (@NN7SS, K6UFO, N0AX, N7LKL, W7NNN)

160m: Inverted L
80m: Half-slopers from 60ft or 48ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft, 40-2CD at 50ft.
20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft, C3 at 50ft, Steppir-3el 40ft.
Yaesu FT-1000MP, Ameritron AL-1200 at 500 watts
Writelog software