[3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rjairam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:57:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 41.5

  160:    2     2        2
   80:  101    11       46
   40:  226    14       60
   20:  643    25       94
   15:  492    20       78
   10:    3     2        3
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Serious effort this year in SOAB HP and first SSB CQWW after fixing my amp (last
year I entered LP because one of the tubes in my amp died and I had no spares.)

Random thoughts:

Very glad I cracked 1.5M claimed points!  This was my disappointment for WPX
but CQWW I'm back in full force. Hope it survives log checking but we will
see.

I might as well have disconnected my rotor  and parked it at 55 degrees for
this contest because it was almost all EU.  And boy, was it wall to wall! I had
to operate with the attenuator quite a lot.  Apologies to those who thought I
was an alligator.

SO2V in N1MM very useful for 40m.  Ctrl arrow allows me to switch vfos very
quickly.

15 meters... I have nothing to say but wow!

80 meters could use some improvement because I **THOUGHT** I was using an
inverted vee dipole, but when I looked out the window in the morning I realized
that half of my dipole was not strung up.  Something had snapped the end.  A
better 80m tx antenna and 160m capability are definitely priorities for 2010.
Receive Beverages worked very very well.

Glad to get the JA/Asia mults, including B1Z.

Glad to hear 4U1UN! Thanks to James K2QI, Martti Laine and all of the crew
there.

On to CW!

Ryan