[3830] CQWW SSB W7VJ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W7VJ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:02:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): W7RG, K7OG, N7NM, WL7E, K7OKS, K7SJ, W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:    8     4        3
   80:   43    14       16
   40:  247    28       60
   20:  599    37      127
   15:  322    26       70
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Would place this outing in the "painful" category.  Beyond the miserable
conditions (with exception of a fabulous opening to Asia on 15) we were plagued
by a series of irritating station issues, largely due to insufficient time to
set up as I would have liked.  We ran out of time to tune the four square on
80, which made the new system effectively unusable this year given the awful
winter wx that awaits us. RF in our mult station created SWR issues at times
which lost us valuable time. This, and our location, which I still think is the
worst in the U.S., made things challenging.

That said, we did have a lot to be thankful for.  Our team is a group of great
operators who are committed to the effort.  We could have stopped a few times,
yet everyone was in it for the long haul. The 15 meter opening proved that the
new 6/6 stack is doing its job.

Very much appreciated all who worked us or who we worked.  Thank you.  Also now
have a game plan for additional station improvements to mitigate this weekends
issue.

Very 73 to all!

Andrew
W7VJ