[3830] CQWW SSB A31KK(XE1KK) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, xe1kk@xe1kk.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB A31KK(XE1KK) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:05:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: A31KK
Operator(s): XE1KK
Station: A31KK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Fafa Island, Tonga
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  470    28       57
   15:  658    24       43
   10:   28     7        8
------------------------------
Total: 1156    60      107  Total Score = 550,766

Club: Grupo DXXE

Comments:

Original a SOSB 20 turned all band when I realized that propagation was far
better in 15 meters.  Fortunately I had a extra mast and a yoyo-tenna that I
installed calculating the lenght using my arm.  It worked very well as a
slopping dipole on the beach.

Packet cluster spots generate pileups because, except for the OC stations, no
one can hear you without turning the antenna on you.  End up the first day with
200 QSOs... depressing to say the least!  But a change in strategy and the 15
meter antenna change payed off.

Zero QRM on this locations.  Heard up to 3 stations calling CQ on the same
frequency without hearing each other.  Lots of echo and long path QSOs. Clearly
the gray zone works.

It was great to call and be called by many friends.

QSL info on QRZ.com: will QSL via bureau to all and log will be upload it to
LoTW shortly.  I think this is the first time the A31 prefix is used.

73

Ramon, XE1KK / A31KK