[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:29:33 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   23     6       15
   80:   94    16       63
   40:  155    29       85
   20:  309    32      111
   15:  310    26      116
   10:   41     7       13
------------------------------
Total:  932   116      403  Total Score = 1,336,425

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This started out to be an Evaluation of the Icom 746PRO vs. analog Icom 746 with
a limited effort (poor conditions, broken antennas, getting over Flu, yada yada
yada...  Once I started Playing Contest, Well, you know how it goes...)

ALL Search and Pounce with One Radio (Icom 746PRO + B&W PT-2500 Amp)
and Very Limited Available Antennas after storm damage and 30 years tree
growth

160M  Elevated GP (West), Inverted L (East) with 130 ft Tower (parasitic
Reflector ) between the Driven Elements

80M Dipole NE/SW between 130 ft Towers
    (Inverted Vee for NW/SE broken by wind storm and fatigue)

80M Elevated GP (40 ft tower, Top Loaded by TH7, 8 Radials at 15 ft)

40M Cushcraft 2L Yagi on EU (Rotor Controller damaged)

40M 100' Center Fed Dipole for JA / S.A. between towers at 90 ft

20, 15, 10   TH7 at 40 ft.  + TH6 at 40 ft. fixed on S.A.

I was continually amazed at how well that TH7 worked,
especially into ASIA, both to the Middle East (Z20,21) and Far East
(Z19,24,25)
Waiting for the Rotor to turn between Asia and SA was PAINFUL!
It's past time to Remove the Old Monobander Towers and rebuild the antenna
system.

More Later.

Tom N4KG