[3830] CQWW SSB EI/W5GN SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barry@mxg.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EI/W5GN SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 04:43:09 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI/W5GN
Operator(s): W5GN
Station: EI/W5GN

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    2     1        2
   80:  101     5       39
   40:  164    13       57
   20:  266    19       63
   15:   98    14       45
   10:   25     5       14
------------------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

100w and 43 foot vertical on my bluff on the Atlantic played fine on 80,40,20,
very poor on other three bands. English-Second-Language stations still were
challenged by Echo Italy-stroke, Echo India-slash, or England Ireland-portable,
but I couldn't fathom why over a dozen stations came back to
Echo Juliette!  All S&P except once:  I called W4XXX on his freq, and
immediately saw he had accidentally spotted me on his freq; I went back to
inform him, he corrected and said I should take the frequencey, and six
stations were there calling me! On 15, East Coast was NEVER loud, and
apparently neither was I, but no problems with further west.  Never heard
USA on 10.  But I did finally work my good buddy Rich, KL7RA from Ireland!