[3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:40:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    2     1        2
   80:   33    19       11
   40:   63    34       13
   20:  305    85       23
   15:  263    83       25
   10:   40    12        7
------------------------------
Total:  706   234       81  Total Score = 580,230

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What a slugfest! and a great time.  This year I wanted to test what an entry
level Low Power contest station (tri-bander and wires) would do from here and
compare to last years High Power effort.  Unfortunately, there is no assisted
low power category, so the comparison is not as good since I had the cluster
last year to jump around.  Big difference was on 20 meters where I had 98
countries vs 85 this year.  Raw contacts were about 200 less than before.

Very difficult to do much other than S&P with low power and 40 & 80 meters were
only good for a few mults.  New antennas for those bands in the future.  15
meters was very good with openings into all parts of the world, ZK2, FK, FO,
several Africa plus usuals were a treat.  Good to hear something on 10 meters.
Next year should spread out some folks.  All in all a great weekend.

Thanks for the Q's and see you all next time - Jere

FT1000MP Field, TH6DXX at 72 feet, wire dipoles for 40 & 80 meters, N1MM.