[3830] CQWW SSB OH5Z M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kari.korhonen@kymp.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH5Z M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:03:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH5Z
Operator(s): OH1WZ,OH5KS,OH5LF,OH5NQ,OH5TQ,OH5TS
Station: OH5Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Mustila
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  326    10       59
   80:  401    19       81
   40:  525    34      120
   20: 1526    38      139
   15:  395    36      136
   10:   57    15       55
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was not the most serious attempt from OH5Z but rather to test the new
investments of the summer and just to have fun. Only two stations were set up
but unfortunately the other amp, a Drake L4B didn't have 160 m at all. So the
run station had to be on 160 just for the mults. Most of our operators had
other engagements and could only stay half day or so but with proper scheduling
we managed to man both stations most of the time.
Conditions were rather encouraging but the negative side was the aurora
blocking especially the low bands' dx.
We had some automation problems and lost the new 80 m antenna on Sunday morning
due to high SWR. The reason is still unknown. Nevertheless we had enough time to
play with the new antenna and it left a very positive feeling.
It was one nice contest again and for whatever reason mainly good behavior and
clean signals. Thanks to all and CU in the CW part. 73 de Kari OH5TS