[3830] CQWW SSB W2CG M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2cg@yahoo.com, k3ww@fast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2CG M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:01:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2CG
Operator(s): W2CG, W2EN
Station: W2CG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 29.0

  160:    7     3        7
   80:   58    12       32
   40:  172    23       74
   20:  526    29      118
   15:  552    29      120
   10:   58     8       14
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Tough band conditions at the start, limited operators and part time effort (29
hours total) left us with less than a stellar score.
At the beginning of the contest we could hear (EU) stations but they weren't
hearing us.  We shut down early and hoped for better condx on Saturday. Tried
to establish a run but couldn't get anyone to answer, we resorted to S&P.  Had
to shut down for a little over three hours due to rain/thunder/lightning and a
tornado warning for the area, static was so loud it drowned out all but the
loudest on the bands.  Sunday 15m & 20m were busy but still no run frequency to
be found. Jumped on 10m late afternoon and picked up all the SA stations we
could hear.  Nice opening to Asia/Pacific a few hours before the end of the
contest.  Glad to make contact with all the stations who worked us, look for us
in CQWW CW.  QSL via LoTW or Buro (no eQSL).
73,
Marty/W2CG