[3830] CQWW SSB W6YA SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6YA SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:07:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Leucadia, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  958    33      112
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

As everyone has said, 15m was a huge surprise!  This was my first
contest with the K-3, constantly juggling the main and sub receivers
without the "RX MIX" feature as I was used to with the FT-1000D for
many years.  N1MM logger keyed the DVK in the K-3 flawlessly, per
suggestions by N6ML.  There were many more JAs than I can remember in
recent years on CW.  Europe was open well, except for UK area,
northern Europe, northeastern  Europe and eastern Med.  On the west
coast, European mults are always difficult to find during low cycle
periods.  Listening to 5H3EE and ST2KSS  for hours on end was proof
that the increased SFI was right on.  I only hope the CW contest will
be as good.  I played leapfrog with 9J2BO as he moved along calling
other stations, but never connected.  No zone 36.  Never heard zones
17,18,21,22,23,39.  I use a 4 el. yagi on a crank up tower, on a city
lot, with a rotary dipole element on the same mast that can be phased
with the yagi for bidirectional broadside use.  It was very, very
helpful during needed times.  Great to see so many impressive scores!