[3830] CQWW SSB MD0CCE SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, md0cce@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB MD0CCE SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 06:00:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: MD0CCE
Operator(s): MD0CCE
Station: MD0CCE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Isle of Man
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:  192    11       51
   80:  344    12       59
   40:  266    17       92
   20:  542    29       94
   15:  534    28      105
   10:  114    14       52
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Had not expected to be in the contest more than a few hours on Sunday, but
travel plans changed drastically and was able to spend more time despite ill
health.

The activity was great - many excellent ops and bands open on 15m and 10m for a
change.  The weather was not great, however - the predictions were for 40mph
winds, so I left my tower up, unlike G4IIY across the water from me.  Overnight
Saturday, Alex GD6IA recorded winds over 70mph at his house and the yagi at 80ft
was a sight to behold.  The 160m inverted vee snapped and snapped again after I
found the problem in the wind and the dark and repaired it.  Power went off
Sunday morning but the auto-start generator installed earlier this year
performed well and the contest went on (as did the fridges, freezers, and
breakfast).

15m out-performed 20m for multipliers, but perhaps I just spent more time on
15m, in awe of hearing it open again.  On 10m, a VK6 went in the log and his
signal was 20dB over S9 on the meter - the first VK I have heard on 10m from
this QTH in three years!  Sadly, while there were 14 Zones on 10m, there were
no North Americans heard - maybe CQ WW CW?

Thanks for all the QSOs and see you in November!

73
Bob   MD0CCE

FT-2000, Quadra @400W
SteppIR 4-elements at 24m/80ft