[3830] CQWW SSB N4EE(@W3VT) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul@nn4f.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4EE(@W3VT) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:55:43 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4EE
Operator(s):
W3VT,NN4F,KF4GLE,W4NSC,K4AOC,KR1ST,KG4IGC,KB7QVG,AG4IM,W4SQL,KJ4IOO,KJ4BNC
Station: W3VT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SUMMERVILLE, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:
   80:   57     9       12
   40:  434    19       48
   20:  450    14       48
   15:   78    10       34
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1019    52      142  Total Score = 226,398

Club: TRIDENT AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

Comments:

In memory of C6APR (W2GJ,K4QO,K3IXD,W3PP)

We are the local club of Pete, Randy and Ed, and none of us felt like operating
the contest this weekend on our own, so Jay W3VT, volunteered his station so
that we could operate a memorial station to the guys. Our objective was not to
obtain a high score but to get the C6APR call mentioned on the air.

We worked hundreds of Zero point US stations, with many comments such as 5905
RIP, 5904 God Bless You. It was tough to operate, and each of these comments
hit home, and many fought back the tears as we operated.

We had plenty of breaks, some good food, and drinks and lots of story telling
of how the guys helped us all individually. It was a weekend we will never
forget, and a week we lost four of our close friends, three of which were from
our club.

We cut short the contest on Sunday, so that we could attend their memorial
service here in Summerville, we went and paid our respects and passed on all
the condolences that we had received over the air.

To the memory of Pete, W2GJ, Randy K4QO, Ed K3IXD & Dallas W3PP, May you rest
in peace dear friends ...-.-

Paul
NN4F