[3830] CQWW SSB GA2MP(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB GA2MP(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:18:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GA2MP
Operator(s): GM3WOJ
Station: GM3WOJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Invergordon
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  200     9       53
   80:  701    13       61
   40:  316    21       81
   20: 1072    32       98
   15:  601    25      100
   10:  139     8       36
------------------------------

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

I was very sad to hear about the C6APR team air crash - R.I.P. fellow
contesters.

I am slowly rebuilding the station here - my new tower #4 for the 40m yagi will
not be installed until next spring, so I knew this was never going to be a
competitive entry - this made me feel a lot more relaxed and I really enjoyed
old-fashioned turning the dial and finding new mults and stations to work. Some
good runs on 20m and 15m - great to hear them in such good shape.

My main 20m amplifier died after about 20 QSOs which normally would have upset
me and it would have been repaired in the middle of the night, but the new
relaxed attitude made me just keep going with other amps. (Now fixed - a grid
resistor which originally was 10 ohms had decided to change to 800 ohms - this
is a homebrew amp which is 13 years old and has been very reliable until now)

Didn't seem to have too many questions about our special GA prefix (also MA -
until 30th November) for the 'Year of Homecoming' here in Scotland - I guess
everyone is used to new prefixes appearing regularly now.

Thanks to everyone who worked GA2MP - please work GM7V in CQ WW CW - please QSL
via N3SL. All GA2MP QSOs have been uploaded to LoTW. Claimed score is
approximate cos WinTest 4.1 would not score properly and I could not install
4.2 for some unknown reason.

73  Chris  GM3WOJ / ZL1CT   www.qsl.net/gm3woj