[3830] NCCC Sprint K9MMS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K9MMS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:36:55 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - October 30

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   3      2
   80:  13     12
   40:  15      9
   20:  13     10
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     33  Total Score = 1,452

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was my first time back in the NS after several weeks off.  I got off to a
good start, and it seemed that a 50-QSO night should be within reach.  I later
had a couple of one-minute periods with no QSOs, so that put a damper on things
-- OUCH.  I also had a few fat-finger moments on the keyboard - sorry for the
delays in my replies when that happened.

I waited too long to go to 160 meters, because things were humming along pretty
well on the other bands.  After I went to top band, at first I could not get any
replies from calling a few stations.  Then I noticed that I had not changed the
tuner switch back to "direct" after using it on 80 meters.  (I only need the
tuner on 80 meters.)  I managed 3 QSOs in the last minute on 160 and then the
clock hit 0300.  O well.

It was fun to jump back into the NS again.  Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
    Gary