[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GEP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K6GEP SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:03:16 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:   64  158       30      4     5
   40:  112  233       35     19    14
   20:  201  286       38     44    21
   15:   43   86       11     15    12
   10:    6   14        1      2     2
Total:  426  751      115     84    54  Total Score = 190,003

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had 26 fewer QSO's than my personal best last year, but thanks to better
condix and antenna on 20, I beat last year's score by 15,000 points.

I put up a sloping 80 meter OCF Windom the day before the contest, which
is never a good idea.  I thought it would perform well on 80, and it did not,
and that cost me some points.  I had to take some time off to put up my 80m
sloping dipole in its place for the second night.

On the other hand, the Windom is a real performer on 20. The opening into
Europe
on Saturday morning was fantastic!  I don't think I have ever worked this
many Europeans during a contest.

I still am trying to break the 500 QSO barrier for this contest, and I just
couldn't make it.  I worked an all time new one on Saturday morning - 9M2 W
Malaysia.  Worked many other new ones for RTTY: PA, GW, YL, OE, OK, OM and HK.
I tried and tried to get a Greek station, and they just did not hear me.
Never heard the rare ones: Monaco, Andorra, & San Marino.  Maybe I would have
found them if I was assisted?

Rig:
FT-990

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windowm sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet
Wilson SY-2 Triband Yagi at 18 feet

SW: N1MM + MMTTY